Re: fd.c: flush data problems on osx - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: fd.c: flush data problems on osx
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> writes:
>> A similar change seems to be needed in initdb.c's pre_sync_fname.

> Hmm, do we need to move this logic into src/common?

I concluded that sharing the code would be more trouble than it's worth,
because initdb.c's version of this is in fact not broken: it was never
taught about mmap, and it doesn't need to be IMO, because it's not that
performance-critical.

I fixed the other things I complained about and pushed this.  Please
check to see that the committed patch resolves your original problem.