Re: BUG #5290: Simple loop with insert into and check to avoid duplicate values fails - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From WildWezyr
Subject Re: BUG #5290: Simple loop with insert into and check to avoid duplicate values fails
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Jan 21, 6:17=A0pm, mi...@radev.net ("Milen A. Radev") wrote:
> [...]
>
> For the test I changed all regional settings to "Polish (Poland)",
> restarted the machine, created a new cluster and a new database (using
> the commands from the last mail from Heikki).
>
> A side-note: tested exactly the same function but on "Bulgarian
> (Bulgaria)" system locale and cluster and database created with
> "Bulgarian_Bulgaria.1251" locale - no errors.
>
> --
> Milen A. Radev

Strange (?), but when I substituted equality to like in this line:

        select id into wordId from spb_word where word like w; --
was: ... word =3D w;

there is no error with polish locale.

  (WW)