Re: Postgres trigger side-effect is occurring out of order withrow-level security select policy - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Postgres trigger side-effect is occurring out of order withrow-level security select policy
Date
Responses Re: Postgres trigger side-effect is occurring out of order withrow-level security select policy  ("Charles Clavadetscher (SwissPUG)" <clavadetscher@swisspug.org>)
List pgsql-general
On 9/30/18 1:13 PM, Carl Sverre wrote:
> Thanks for the initial results. Can you check that you are not using
> super permissions and are enabling row security when running the test?
> Super ignores row security.

Yeah, big oops on my part, I was running as superuser. Running as
non-superuser resulted in the failure you see. I tried to get around
this with no success. My suspicion is that the new row in b is not
visible to the returning(SELECT) query in a until after the transaction
completes. Someone with more knowledge on this then I will have to
confirm/deny my suspicion.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com