Re: BUG #18372: Timezone documentation and use of TZ and PGTZ environment variables missing since version 7.4 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #18372: Timezone documentation and use of TZ and PGTZ environment variables missing since version 7.4
Date
In response to BUG #18372: Timezone documentation and use of TZ and PGTZ environment variables missing since version 7.4  (PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-bugs
> As far as I can tell, the documentation of the TZ and PGTZ environment
> variables read by the PostgreSQL still behaves as described in the
> documentation for version 7.4:
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/datatype-datetime.html#DATATYPE-TIMEZONES
> but is absent from more recent versions.

Hm?  PGTZ is still mentioned there, assuming I'm looking at the same
spot you are.  As for TZ, it's now magic to initdb but not the server,
so the documentation mention moved.  See this 9.2-era commit:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git&a=commitdiff&h=ca4af308c32d03db5fbacb54d6e583ceb904f268

            regards, tom lane