Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] snprintf causes regression tests to fail - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] snprintf causes regression tests to fail
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Please see my posting about using a macro for snprintf.  If the current
> implementation of snprintf is enough for our existing translation users
> we probably don't need to add anything more to it because snprintf will
> not be exported to client applications.

The CVS-tip implementation is fundamentally broken and won't work even
for our internal uses.  I've not wasted time complaining about it
because I thought we were going to replace it.  If we can't find a
usable replacement then we're going to have to put a lot of effort
into fixing what's there.  On the whole I think the effort would be
better spent importing someone else's solution.