Re: Can't run configure - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Can't run configure
Date
List pgsql-general
"Williams, Travis L, NPONS" <tlw@att.com> writes:
> You know.. sometimes I amaze myself when I send off something like
> below.. yet freak out when people do the same to me..  ;)(feel free to
> beat the newbie!) anyway hpux 11.20.. I installed the GNU gcc and make..
> I can copy the config.log.. but it is a little to much..

I think we need to see the part of config.log that shows configure
trying to test the argument types of accept().  It works fine on HPUX
10.20, which seems to have the same definition of accept() as 11.20
does, according to your grep of /usr/include/sys/socket.h.  Certainly
the correct set of type names *does* get tried; why does the test
program fail to compile anyway?

Are you sure that your gcc installation is working (can you compile and
run a trivial test program)?

            regards, tom lane