Re: Enable user access from remote host - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Piotre Ugrumov
Subject Re: Enable user access from remote host
Date
List pgsql-general
On 9 Mar, 02:22, t...@sss.pgh.pa.us (Tom Lane) wrote:
> John R Pierce <pie...@hogranch.com> writes:
>
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >> A more accurate statement is that it's trustworthy to the extent that
> >> you trust the owner of the other machine to be running a non-broken
> >> identd daemon.  Within a LAN it might be perfectly reasonable to use.
> > you would have to extend that trust to any machine connected to any
> > network which can be routed to the server in question as he was
> > specifying a wildcard IP, and that includes anything that anyone could
> > plug into any network port.
>
> Agreed, it's pretty stupid to use IDENT with a wildcard IP that allows
> connections from untrusted networks.  I was just objecting to the
> statement that it's unsafe in all cases.
>
>                         regards, tom lane
>
> --

Hi,
I inserted the following line:

host    test        angelo      0.0.0.0/0          md5

and in pgAdmin I insert

angelo as user
mypassword as password
test as service

and I left blank the SSL field.

Moreover I have executed the following commands (before try to
connect):
sudo -u angelo psql template1
then
alter user angelo with encrypted password 'mypassword';

But I have the same problems.
Why?
What do I wrong?
Thanks, bye bye.