Re: How To Get Bytea Data Instead Of Its Oid - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: How To Get Bytea Data Instead Of Its Oid
Date
List pgsql-sql
"CN LIOU" <cnliou@graffiti.net> writes:
> SELECT * FROM test LIMIT 1
> returns, I guess, the OID of c2 instead of the binary data to which the OID points.

I don't think so...

regression=# create table test (c1 text,c2 bytea);
CREATE TABLE
regression=# insert into test values ('some text', 'some binary data \\000\\001');
INSERT 284058 1
regression=# select * from test;   c1     |            c2
-----------+---------------------------some text | some binary data \000\001
(1 row)

I see no OID here.

Perhaps you should show us an example of what you are doing, rather than
your interpretation of what's going wrong.
        regards, tom lane