Re: [HACKERS] pgbench --progress-timestamp no longer works correctly - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] pgbench --progress-timestamp no longer works correctly
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> --progress-timestamp is supposed to make -P report a Unix Epoch time stamp,
> for easy correlation with the entries in other log files (like the postgres
> server log file using %n).

> But that broke in this commit:

> commit 1d63f7d2d180c8708bc12710254eb7b45823440f
> Author: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> Date:   Mon Jan 2 13:41:51 2017 -0500

>     Use clock_gettime(), if available, in instr_time measurements.

Fixed, thanks.  I suspect I missed this spot because it randomly used
INSTR_TIME_GET_MILLISEC instead of INSTR_TIME_GET_DOUBLE; but for
whatever reason, I missed it.

(So presumably, this option never worked properly on Windows ... but
it will now.)