Re: BUG #5338: PG_DUMP fails due to invalid adnum value - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #5338: PG_DUMP fails due to invalid adnum value
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"Toni Helenius" <toni.helenius@syncrontech.com> writes:
> I tried to google this but I didn't get much info. What is this all about??

> I get the following error while trying to take a dump:
> pg_dump: finding the columns and types of table "bsc_day1_001"
> pg_dump: finding default expressions of table "bsc_day1_001"
> pg_dump: invalid adnum value 25493128 for table "bsc_day1_001"
> pg_dump: *** aborted because of error

Looks like you've got some data corruption in the pg_attrdef catalog :-(
It might be interesting to see what you get from
    select * from pg_attrdef where adrelid = 'bsc_day1_001'::regclass;
which is approximately what pg_dump did here, and didn't like what it
saw.

            regards, tom lane