Re: clearing opfuncid vs. parallel query - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From YUriy Zhuravlev
Subject Re: clearing opfuncid vs. parallel query
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I thought that's what you were proposing.  Process the struct
> definitions and emit .c files.
We have 2 ways. The first is always to generate the * .c files from the * .h
files. Another way is to generate once from * .h file a XML/JSON and after
generate from it to * .c files (parsing xml/json easy).

> Anything that is part of the build process will have to be done in C or
> Perl.
I know about the relationship between Postgres and C / Perl. Yet this is not
the language which would be worth to do something associated with code
generation. Python is better in many ways than the Perl. I'm not trying to
convince someone. I just see the situation, and I do not like.

What do you think about the format of the serialization? Now it is very
primitive. For example, there are selected data in order, rather than by key.
In its development, I used jsonb, it also helped to simplify the saved of
query plans in the Postgres table.

Thanks.

--
YUriy Zhuravlev