Re: Drawbacks of using BYTEA for PK? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John Sidney-Woollett
Subject Re: Drawbacks of using BYTEA for PK?
Date
List pgsql-general
Careful...

If two (or more) clients (in the same network) are going through a
firewall that performs NAT, then they could appear to have the same IP
address if the NAT address pool is small (single address).

Appending a sequence would help resolve that issue though.

John Sidney-Woollett