Re: Performance problems - Indexes and VACUUM - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Performance problems - Indexes and VACUUM
Date
List pgsql-sql
"Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> 1. INDEXES: I discovered, the hard way, a peculiar problem.  If you drop
> and re-create a table within the same transaction (in a function, for
> example) the indexes do not get dropped completely.

Kinda hard to believe; even if the old indexes were still around, they
wouldn't be considered to apply to the new table.  I think the problem
is something else.  Can you provide a reproducible example of what
you're seeing?

> runs in about 2 seconds right after a VACUUM.
>     Unfortunately, 6 hours after a VACUUM, the query bogs down.

What has been changing in the meantime?
        regards, tom lane