Re: Convert stmt back into queryString - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Convert stmt back into queryString
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dan Colish <dan@unencrypted.org> writes:
>     I am currently trying to convert an insertstmt back into a const
>     char *queryString, but I can't find an existing function to do this
>     for the life of me.  I will write one if none exits, but I figured I
>     ask here first.  Unfortunately, nodeToString is not quite right for
>     what I'm doing. Thanks in advance.

Hmm, you mean a Query, or a raw unanalyzed InsertStmt?  If the former,
ruleutils.c will help.  If the latter, be prepared to write a lot of
code; there's nothing closer than nodeToString, and even that is pretty
incomplete for raw grammar output nodes IIRC.