Re: postgres=# VACUUM FULL pg_statistic => ERROR: missing chunk number 0 for toast value .. in pg_toast_2619 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: postgres=# VACUUM FULL pg_statistic => ERROR: missing chunk number 0 for toast value .. in pg_toast_2619
Date
List pgsql-general
Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> writes:
> I'll defer fixing this for awhile in case someone wants me to save a copy of
> the relation/toast/index.  From last time, I recall this just needs the right
> combination of REINDEX/VACUUM/ANALYZE, and the only complication was me
> needing to realize the right combination of affected DB(s).

If you could come up with such a sequence that causes the problem
reproducibly, that would be of huge interest, and probably lead to
a fix promptly.  But I don't think that we can do much by looking
at the post-mortem state --- once the toast rows are gone, they're
gone, especially if the table's been vacuumed since.

            regards, tom lane