Re: help with pg_hba.conf - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: help with pg_hba.conf
Date
List pgsql-sql
Isaac Dover <isaacdover@gmail.com> writes:
>> As far as i can tell,
>> pg_hba.conf is the only manner in which to prevent users from connecting to
>> other users' databases. I've restricted roles to connecting only using
>> sameuser:
>>
>> host sameuser all 192.168.168.0/24 md5

In recent releases (certainly 8.3) the better approach is probably to
use CONNECT privilege to grant or deny access.  However that does have
some drawbacks if you intend to let users create their own databases
--- they have to remember to set the privileges properly on new DBs.
        regards, tom lane