Re: maintenance memory vs autovac - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: maintenance memory vs autovac
Date
Re: maintenance memory vs autovac  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Greg Stark wrote:
>> One concern I have about this is people asking "how come when I
>> runvacuum manually it takes x minutes but when autovacuum runs it it
>> tale 5x minutes?"

> As long as the default is the same, people would get at least an initial
> clue that it might have something to do with them changing a
> configuration parameter...

It seems like mostly a confusion-generator to me.  Is there any actual
evidence that autovac should use a different maintenance_work_mem than
other processes?