Re: calling function from rule - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: calling function from rule
Date
List pgsql-sql
"Tambet Matiisen" <t.matiisen@aprote.ee> writes:
>> Try 7.3, we changed the rules about returned records count.

> I have 7.3. When rule and action are the same, everything works fine.
> Doing an insert in update rule and opposite are OK too. Problem is,
> when I do select in insert/update/delete rule. Then the result of
> select is returned instead of command status, even if the select
> is done in non-instead rule and there is unconditional instead rule.

Oh, I think your complaint is really about the fact that psql doesn't
print the command status if it got any tuples (or even just a tuple
descriptor) in the result series.  AFAICT the information returned by
the backend is sensible in this situation: the "UPDATE 1" status message
*is* returned and is available from PQcmdStatus.  psql is just choosing
not to print it.  I'm not sure that that's wrong, though.
        regards, tom lane