Re: BUG #12992: Failure to start: too many private dirs demanded - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #12992: Failure to start: too many private dirs demanded
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>  From what I see this looks like a simple permission issue, when the
> postmaster can't access the data directory for some reason. Why exactly
> that happened, I don't know - it might be a plain chmod, SELinux or
> whatever.

I'm suspicious that the submitter tried to "strace postmaster" without
first becoming the postgres user, and also didn't bother to examine the
strace output very closely to see if it had anything to do with his
original problem.

            regards, tom lane