Re: Why isn't it allowed to create an index in a schema other than public? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Why isn't it allowed to create an index in a schema other than public?
Date
List pgsql-general
Jorge Godoy <jgodoy@gmail.com> writes:
> I'd like to know if there's any reasoning for not allowing creating an index
> inside the same schema where the table is.

Actually, you've got that exactly backwards: it's not allowed to have
the index in a *different* schema from its parent table.  Hence there
is no need for the CREATE INDEX command to accept a schema attached
to the index name --- the only one that counts is the one attached to
the table name.

            regards, tom lane