Re: BUG #17740: Connecting postgresql 13 with different psql versions - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #17740: Connecting postgresql 13 with different psql versions
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Anbazhagan M <gopi.anbumech@gmail.com> writes:
> If psql v11 is behaving in a right way, what difference made psql v13 to
> behave in a different way ? Was there any changes done between versions of
> psql v11 and v13 ?

I told you already: I think the relevant difference is the addition of GSS
(i.e. Kerberos or equivalent) support starting in v12.  Both versions are
behaving correctly according to their own feature sets.  What is missing
is that you need to update your pg_hba.conf to account for the possibility
of GSS-encrypted connections.

            regards, tom lane