Re: pgsql: Consistently test for in-use shared memory. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Consistently test for in-use shared memory.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> writes:
> Consistently test for in-use shared memory.

Hmm ... conchuela has just found another problem with this test case:

ok 2 - detected live backend via shared memory
# Running: postgres --single -D
/home/pgbf/buildroot/HEAD/pgsql.build/src/test/recovery/tmp_check/t_017_shm_gnat_data/pgdatatemplate1
ack Broken pipe: write( 16, 'SELECT 1 + 1' ) at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/IPC/Run/IO.pm line 549.

I interpret this as "the single-user backend exited before we could stuff
'SELECT 1 + 1' down the pipe to it, and the Perl script is not expecting
to get a write failure there".

            regards, tom lane