Re: BUG #15232: Query execution changes based on using 'explain analyze' or not - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #15232: Query execution changes based on using 'explain analyze' or not
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Jud Gardner <jgardner@comprehend.com> writes:
> When submitted through psql I don't see the issue.
> I also don't see it when submitting via jdbc (42.2.2) directly.

> I'm seeing this via jdbc through dbVisualizer, haven't seen this kind of
> behavior before.

Interesting.  It could be that dbVisualizer is setting some parameter
or transaction mode that prevents parallelism.  SERIALIZABLE mode
does so, for example, because the serializable-transaction logic
hasn't been taught about parallelism yet.

            regards, tom lane