Re: ICU for global collation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: ICU for global collation
Date
Re: ICU for global collation
List pgsql-hackers
On 15.09.22 17:41, Marina Polyakova wrote:
> I agree with you. Here's another version of the patch. The
> locale/encoding checks and reports in initdb have been reordered,
> because now the encoding is set first and only then the ICU locale is
> checked.

I committed something based on the first version of your patch.  This
reordering of the messages here was a little too much surgery for me at
this point.  For instance, there are also messages in #ifdef WIN32 code
that would need to be reordered as well.  I kept the overall structure
of the code the same and just inserted the additional proposed checks.

If you want to pursue the reordering of the checks and messages overall,
a patch for the master branch could be considered.