From Tom Lane
Subject Re: @(#) Mordred Labs advisory 0x0001: Buffer overflow in
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" <ZeugswetterA@spardat.at> writes:
>> For that you would have to use "any", at the moment.  This would give
>> you the same amount of type safety you have with "opaque", ie, none.

> I would have to use some pg_proc magic to make "any" appear there,
> since the plan was to not make it visible at the sql level, no ?

Huh?  It'll be perfectly visible.

There is one little problem with calling it ANY, it turns out: that word
is fully reserved in our parser (and trying to make it less reserved
creates reduce/reduce conflicts).  So unless we go back to "anytype"
you'd have to quote the name, egcreate function foo("any") returns ...
I do prefer using "any" because that's what we have historically used
in CREATE AGGREGATE, but maybe the keyword conflict will be too
annoying.