Re: pg_dump 'die_on_errors' - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_dump 'die_on_errors'
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Attached patch sets client_min_messages as above and gives some
> context to errors messages, eg:

> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC Entry 19; 1255 16438403 FUNCTION foo() pjw
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  no schema has been selected to create in

It'd be substantially *more* helpful if it reported the failing command.
(The TOC entry label is not of interest to anyone except pg_dump hackers
such as yourself.)  I went around a release or so back and made sure
that pg_dump would always give the text of a failed query, but I forgot
to consider pg_restore :-(