Re: WIP: Allow SQL-language functions to reference parameters by parameter name - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: WIP: Allow SQL-language functions to reference parameters by parameter name
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Mar 25, 2011, at 4:20 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> But I don't think that's necessary.  Up to now there's been relatively
>> little use for naming the parameters of SQL functions, so I think there
>> will be few conflicts in the field if we just change the behavior.

> Oh wow, I don't agree with that at all. People may name the parameters for documentation purposes, and then have
thingslike WHERE foo = $1, foo happening also to be the name associated with $1.  Boom!

Well, maybe, but it's not like it's subtle or hard to fix.

> In any case, I think this is 9.2 material.

Oh, of course.  It *is* just a WIP patch, anyway.