Re: Using Cursor in PostgreSQL 7.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Using Cursor in PostgreSQL 7.2
Date
List pgsql-general
Joe Conway <joseph.conway@home.com> writes:
> It looks like the stats monitoring functions suffer from the same
> limitation that I hit with dblink:

Urgh, you're right:

regression=# select * from pg_stat_activity;
  datid  |  datname   | procpid | usesysid | usename  | current_query
 3833396 | regression |    2625 |        1 | postgres |
(1 row)

regression=# select * from pg_stat_activity where procpid = 2625;
ERROR:  Set-valued function called in context that cannot accept a set
regression=#

This probably qualifies as a "must fix" problem.  I guess I'll have to
add the test for set-valued functions that I was reluctant to add
before.

            regards, tom lane