Re: Operator is not unique - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Operator is not unique
Date
List pgsql-general
> The list of extensions that you sent earlier are fairly common. I would
> not expect them to be contributing to the below otherwise there would
> have been more reports of what you are seeing.

A quick "grep" shows that there is nothing named "day_inc" in core
Postgres nor any of the contrib extensions.  So this is something
homegrown.  It looks to me like somebody wanted a plus operator
that would add numerics and dates/timestamps/timestamptzs, and
figured they could be lazy and make one operator using "anyelement".
But this will capture numeric plus *anything*, so it was not a
good idea.  I'd recommend dropping the use of anyelement and just
making three non-polymorphic operators.

            regards, tom lane