Re: Program lose the connection to backend - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Program lose the connection to backend
Date
List pgsql-general
Ricardo Vaz Mannrich <rvm_l1@uol.com.br> writes:
> I have a program thar reads a file with a lot of rows (10000) and, sometimes,
> my program can't insert new rows to the database because it lost the
> connection to the backend. The problem is random and I don't know what
> happens.

Did you look in the postmaster log file to see what messages are
recorded?  Did you look for a core dump file?

> I think that postgres 7.2 slower than 7.1.2. My program processed 650 files 4
> times faster in 7.1.2 using the same database structure (created by pg_dump
> -s). Is this true? Is 7.2 slower?

It's not supposed to be.  But with no details you're not going to get
any useful answers, at least not better than "did you remember to VACUUM
ANALYZE in the new database?"

            regards, tom lane