Re: BUG #7498: Questionable interval parsing when in the form 'n m days' - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #7498: Questionable interval parsing when in the form 'n m days'
Date
List pgsql-bugs
daniel@heroku.com writes:
> select '1 5 hours'::interval = '1 day 5 hours'::interval;
>  ?column?
> (1 row)

> I think that the first spelling, a unit-less '1', should not be accepted.

Not sure I agree.  The syntax '1 05:00' is required by spec to mean
'1 day 5 hours 0 minutes'.  I would take that to mean that a unitless
number directly to the left of an hours field is days.  Anyway, the
code in DecodeInterval is treating these cases the same.

            regards, tom lane