Re: removing "serial" from table definitions. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: removing "serial" from table definitions.
Date
List pgsql-general
Marc Mamin <M.Mamin@intershop.de> writes:
> Yes, I undersand that serial is just a hint at table creation time, but is there a place in catalog where we can see
ifthe table was created using 'serial' ?

No.  Where the docs say "these are equivalent", they mean that very
literally.

> The difference we see between the source and target database is that a schema prefix is displayed with the sequence
onone side, and not on the other..

This likely has to do with the search_path settings being different in the
sessions inspecting the two DBs.  I do not think it is related to
serial-ness at all, it's just the normal behavior of regclass_out for the
OID constant that's the argument of nextval().

            regards, tom lane