Re: Strangeness/bug when working with my own datatype in P ostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Strangeness/bug when working with my own datatype in P ostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Солодовников Константин <ks@tcnet.ru> writes:
> create type int1 ( input = int1_in, output = int1_out, internallength = 1,
> externallength = 3, default = "" );

I'm not sure what it will do to specify a default value for a type that
is not a legal value of the datatype --- but it can't be good.  Take out
the default clause.

It also seems a tad bizarre to be treating int1 as a pass-by-reference
datatype, but that's probably not causing any misbehavior, just
inefficiency...
        regards, tom lane