Re: pgbench on mingw needs fflush - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgbench on mingw needs fflush
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> writes:
> Can we distinguish mingw case from others so that we could ifdef out
> the extra fflush()?

Isn't the right fix a single-spot patch to force stderr into unbuffered
mode?  It's supposed to be that way already per spec.  I could see a
one-or-two-line patch to remind mingw of the buffer mode it's supposed
to be using ... I'm not excited about making an ongoing commitment to
remember to fflush() after every write call, especially not when no
standard-compliant platform needs it.

            regards, tom lane