Re: Building PG 8.4.1 with ossp-uuid on Centos 5.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Building PG 8.4.1 with ossp-uuid on Centos 5.3
Date
List pgsql-general
Christophe Pettus <xof@thebuild.com> writes:
> On Oct 10, 2009, at 11:53 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Whose uuid package are you using?
>     http://www.ossp.org/pkg/lib/uuid/
> Building from source.

> It is indeed installing it in /usr/local/lib, but the ldconfig was
> set.  What's irritating is that (looking at config.log) it is finding
> the library just fine, but not finding the uuid_export function inside
> of it.

Hmph.  I don't know if there's more than one uuid package in the wild,
but I see from
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/uuid/devel/uuid.spec?revision=1.17&view=markup
that the package that's standard in recent Fedora is uuid 1.6.1 from
http://www.ossp.org/pkg/lib/uuid/
and I can attest that Postgres does build against that.

            regards, tom lane