Re: Connection problem with 8 Beta 5 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Connection problem with 8 Beta 5
Date
List pgsql-novice
George Weaver <gweaver@shaw.ca> writes:
> Faulting application test.exe, version 1.0.1813.27448, faulting module
> psqlodbc.dll, version 8.0.0.2, fault address 0x0002001f.

Certainly psqlodbc should be the first target of suspicion --- although
it's possible this is caused by your code passing bad parameters to
psqlodbc.  In any case the ODBC guys can help you out better than anyone
else.

> Would this be an issue arising within my application?  Is it a psqlodbc =
> bug and should it be directed to the pgsqlodbc project as a bug?  The =
> Microsoft event log seems to point at psqlodbc but the database log =
> seems to point at the application.

The database server can't tell the difference between psqlodbc and your
application code --- it's all "that stuff at the other end of the TCP
connection" to the server.

            regards, tom lane