Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] win32 performance - fsync question - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] win32 performance - fsync question
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> However, I do prefer this patch and let Win32 have the same write cache
> issues as Unix, for consistency.

I agree that the open flag is more nearly O_DSYNC than O_SYNC.

ISTM Windows' idea of fsync is quite different from Unix's and therefore
we should name the wal_sync_method that invokes it something different
than fsync.  "write_through" or some such?  We already have precedent
that not all wal_sync_method values are available on all platforms.

I'm not taking a position on which the default should be ...