Re: How I do from PostgreSQL to Oracle Db Link - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: How I do from PostgreSQL to Oracle Db Link
Date
List pgsql-admin
Ray Stell <stellr@cns.vt.edu> writes:
> On Sat, Jun 04, 2011 at 10:05:46AM +0900, ?????? wrote:
>> ERROR:  odbclink: unsuccessful SQLConnect call: [S1000] [12514]
>>
>> [[unixODBC][Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently
>> know of service requested in connect descripto

> sounds like you got to the listener, but didn't tell it the correct service name in
> the connect string.  Did you spell it correctly?   You can use the oracle cmd
> lsnrctl status on the oracle server to get the service names.

I wonder if the OP set up the service description in his personal
~/.odbc.ini file.  If so, it would work for him from the command line,
but odbclink running in the postgres server wouldn't see it (unless the
server happened to be running as his userid, which wouldn't be a good
setup).  The fix for that would be to put the info in the system-wide
/etc/odbc.ini file.

            regards, tom lane