Re: Database lost after reboot - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Database lost after reboot
Date
List pgsql-general
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Diego_Manilla_Su=E1rez?= <diego.manilla@xeridia.com> writes:
> Hi. I have PostgreSQL 7.4.8 installed on a SuSE Enterprise Server 9.
> When I create a database, everything works fine until I restart the
> computer. When I do that, and I try to connect to the database, I get
> the following message;

> psql: FATAL:  database "mydb" does not exist
> DETAIL:  The database subdirectory "/var/lib/pgsql/data/base/1964658" is
> missing.

Hmm, are you allowing the postmaster to shut down normally before you
reboot?  (Not that it shouldn't work anyway, I'm just trying to gather
details.)  What is the OID of the missing database?  Try connecting to
template1 and then doing "select oid,datname from pg_database".  If you
don't see mydb, or if it's got a different OID from the number mentioned
in the error message, that would tell something.

            regards, tom lane