Re: isolation test problem with MSVC (VC2012) / Windows 8 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: isolation test problem with MSVC (VC2012) / Windows 8
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> My VC2012 / Windows 8 buildfarm member bowerbird is having frequent
> problems with running the isolation tests.

I've been wondering what's going on there.

> The symptom is that one or
> more output files don't seem to be flushed properly to disk. The odd
> thing is that the Mingw buildfarm member jacana I have on the same
> machine is having no difficulty, and I find it hard to account for the
> difference. In any case, I'm wondering if adding a couple of
> fflush(stdout) calls (at the bottom on main() and exit_nicely()) to
> src/test/isolation/isolationtester.c might help. Does anyone object to
> me trying this?

I'd bet against this helping; to believe that it will, you'd have to
explain why we need an fflush here but in every other program exit()
manages to handle that by itself.  Still, it's hard to see what else
to try.