Re: prion failed with ERROR: missing chunk number 0 for toast value 14334 in pg_toast_2619 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: prion failed with ERROR: missing chunk number 0 for toast value 14334 in pg_toast_2619
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2021-05-16 18:21:21 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Hm, yeah.  I'm not sure if transferring the value forward from the
>> old cluster is entirely safe, but if it is, that seems like a
>> promising route to a fix.  (We should still have more sanity checking
>> around the GlobalVis code, though.)

> Why would it not be safe?

I'm just wondering about the catalog tuples set up by pg_upgrade
itself.  If they're all frozen then they probably don't matter to
this, but it might take some thought.

> I think we should remove the heuristic thing from pg_resetwal entirely,
> and error out if next-xid is set to something too far away from oldest
> xid, unless oldexid is also specified.

Seems plausible ...