tsearch2 index missing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Toby Tremayne
Subject tsearch2 index missing
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm using tsearch 2 - added a column named vectors to a table, updated it according to the documentation, created an index.  So far it's all worked fine.

Problem is I decided to include a new column in the contents of vectors, so I added the column, deleted my index, re-updated the vectors column and added a trigger to update the vectors.
Now when I try to update I get an error message saying "tsvector column "contact_ft_index" does not exist"

What I don't understand is that the contact_ft_index it's talking about was never a column, it was the name of the previous index.  Am I missing something here?  How do I recover this?

Toby

Life is poetry, write it in your own words

Toby Tremayne
Senior Technical Consultant
Lyricist Software
0416 048 090