Re: Cleaning up multiply-defined-symbol warnings on OS X - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Cleaning up multiply-defined-symbol warnings on OS X
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Now that 95% of this patch [1] (currently in the hold queue) has been
> implemented, perhaps we should go the final 5% and version the symbols
> to fix the ambiguous symbol problem forever (on linux at least, though
> anywhere with the GCC toolchain will work).

I was thinking about that, but came away unconvinced it's worth doing
considering we are not a Linux-only system.  Is there any advantage
in having symbol versioning on Linux when we'll still have the same
API-change constraints everywhere else?

I had actually forgotten about your earlier patch :-(

            regards, tom lane