Re: Old tsearch functions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Old tsearch functions
Date
List pgsql-general
Howard News <howardnews@selestial.com> writes:
> On 30/01/2019 17:20, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>> Is to late to experiment with dropping the extension on a 9.5 database
>> and then dumping?

> Not a problem - The problem only shows in development so far. I have all
> the originals in 9.5 and backups to try this on.

Note that if you had those functions laying around ever since 8.3,
they're probably just "loose" and not wrapped into an extension at all.

You could fix that in a 9.5 database by running

create extension tsearch2 from unpackaged;

which should be enough to collect the relevant objects into an
extension.  At that point you could try doing "drop extension tsearch2".
Likely it'll fail due to dependencies on the extension objects, but
at least the error message will give you an idea of what you need to
fix before you can drop it.  In any case, this certainly beats trying
to manually identify and drop the obsolete types and functions.

You will need to do this in 9.5, or at the latest 9.6, because we
dropped support for that extension in v10.

            regards, tom lane