Re: Feature: give pg_dump a WHERE clause expression - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Feature: give pg_dump a WHERE clause expression
Date
Re: Feature: give pg_dump a WHERE clause expression  (Davy Durham <pubaddr5@davyandbeth.com>)
List pgsql-patches
Davy Durham <pubaddr5@davyandbeth.com> writes:
> So, if this patch is not acceptable as-is, what would you feel about
> this:
>         I could enhance the -t/--table=NAME option to accept more than a
>         simple NAME.  Rather it could accept something in the form:

>                 --table=<table_name>:<where-clause expression>

Well, that would at least address the complaint that it doesn't scale
to multiple tables, but the whole thing still seems like a frammish
that will never see enough use to justify maintaining it.

(BTW, what will you do with a table whose name contains a colon?)

            regards, tom lane