Re: Packaging 7.1.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Packaging 7.1.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> Perhaps src/rpm-tools/ or some such name.

> It is platform-specific, which would seem to vote for /contrib.

Huh?  By that logic, all of src/makefiles/, src/template/, and
src/backend/port/, not to mention large chunks of the configure
mechanism, belong in contrib.  Shall we rip out all BSD support
and move it to contrib?

contrib has never been about platform dependency in my mind; it's about
whether we consider something part of the project mainstream (in terms
of code quality and our willingness to support it).  RPM support isn't
going away, and I'm willing to call it mainstream ...