Re: psql show dbsize? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: psql show dbsize?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Brendan Jurd" <direvus@gmail.com> writes:
> I'd find this convenient too.  Although \l+ would be more consistent
> with the \d series of commands.

Putting it into \l+ would address my gripe about increased execution
time.  The permissions angle still bothers me though.  AFAIR there are
no psql catalog-inquiry backslash commands that require any special
permissions, so making \l+ into something that's quite likely to fail
in a locked-down installation seems out of place.

Is there a way to get it to just not print anything, instead of failing,
for DBs you don't have privileges for?