Re: array issue.... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: array issue....
Date
List pgsql-general
Chris Bowlby <excalibur@hub.org> writes:
>  I forgot to paste the actual query... :(..
>  delete from account_info where contact_id = 242;
>  is the query, and I'm not even using the column that is of type array[]....

I'll bet you set up a misconceived foreign-key constraint on the column
that is of type array[] ... and that you are running an old version,
else it would have rejected the foreign key constraint.  Before about
7.1 (or was it 7.2?) the system didn't notice a type mismatch between
referenced and referencing columns until you actually did something that
would fire a foreign-key constraint check.

You'll need to drop the foreign key constraint, which in those older
versions means finding and dropping the three triggers that implement
it.  I think there's a recipe for this on the techdocs website.

            regards, tom lane