Re: Wrong aggregate result when sorting by a NULL value - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Wrong aggregate result when sorting by a NULL value
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> On 2018-11-04 18:49:40 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Meh.  I'm unexcited about getting rid of one type of compiler warning by
>> introducing another one.

> It's impracticable to enable dead code warnings in postgres
> anyway. There's way way too many of them (all the returns after
> elog(ERROR) etc are enough to make it infeasible to change that).

I think you have a very limited conception of what sorts of warnings
code like that would trigger.  In particular, even given the
unsubstantiated assumption that nobody's compiler would complain,
I think static analyzers like Coverity might.

            regards, tom lane