Re: pgsql-server/src/backend/commands cluster.c - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql-server/src/backend/commands cluster.c
Date
List pgsql-committers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> If the pg_statistic entries were already good, then you shouldn't need
>> an ANALYZE, no.

> The CLUSTER manual page recommends a analyze to update the clustered
> nature of the table.  Is that still needed?

Oh, you're right, I was not thinking about the order-correlation
statistic.  Yes, ANALYZE is still needed if you want to update that
stat, which you probably do.  The swap hack just ensured that relpages
amd reltuples would be correct after a CLUSTER.

            regards, tom lane